Warehouse Associate (Home Furnishings)
Job ID: 2020-2889
Category: Delivery & Distribution - Warehouse Associate
Type: Full Time
Min Salary: USD $40,000.00/Yr.
Love what you do.
As a Warehouse Associate with Room & Board, you take pride in working as part of a team to keep our products flowing in and out of our nearly 250,000 sq. ft. distribution center. You'll enjoy the physical nature of the role, the camaraderie of the team and a strong respect for the care and integrity of our American-made furniture products.
Your work will involve unloading semi-loads of product from our suppliers and accurately and carefully placing it within our facility. You'll also pick orders from racks and ensure that products are properly wrapped and secured for outbound shipments. You will play an integral role in inventory accuracy in part using a state-of-the-art computerized inventory system to accurately receive, organize and retrieve product.
Schedule: Monday - Friday | 7:30AM to 4:00PM; with occasional paid overtime
Job Location: 1971 Stover Court Newton, NC 28658
The qualities you'll bring:
- You thrive working in a productive environment where quality is valued over speed.
- You take pride in your work and appreciate being empowered to solve problems and make things right.
- You pay attention to the details in a job well done. If issues arise, you take time to resolve them
- You work well independently and also value the camaraderie of a team.
- You hold yourself accountable and appreciate being part of a team comprised of the same.
- You bring a safety-first mindset.
- While this is a physical role, it takes as much finesse as stamina to be effective. To successfully perform this role, you must be able to load/lift/carry heavy items (up to 100 pounds or more) while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc. At times, loading/lifting/carrying up to 300+ pounds with a warehouse partner is required.
- Ability to operate dollies, forklifts, pallet jack. Prior experience preferred; but not necessary.
- Pass all pre-employment tasks including physical abilities test and pre-employment physical.
- Guaranteed annual salary: $40,000+ depending on experience/qualifications, plus occasional paid overtime
- Comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k), military leave for staff members serving in the Reserved Armed Forces, and more. For more details, visit www.www.roomandboard.com/careers/benefits-wellbeing.
- An established and progressive company celebrating 40-years with a culture rooted in mutual respect, trust and accountability. We're a people-first company. One of our deepest beliefs is in everyone's right to be treated equally and respectfully. We let this guide our actions every day. We're also committed to American-made products and sustainability. Learn more about our work culture at www.roomandboard.com/careers.
Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.