Supervisor In Charge NC
Category Senior Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) Carolina
Under the general direction of the Resident Care Coordinator, the Supervisor-in-Charge is responsible for the provision of routine personal care services for his or her shift.
1. Prepare, administer, and document medications exhibiting knowledge of policies, procedures and techniques.
2. Maintain the supply of medications and the orderliness of the medication cart and room. Return discontinued
medications to the pharmacy for credit/disposal.
3. Document all communication/contact with the resident's physician. Observe and document the resident's
response/lack of response to treatments and medications. Report changes as appropriate to the physician.
Interacts professionally with physician's office staff persons.
4. Be knowledgeable in the resident's plan of care and assure that the care is given by the personal care assistants.
5. Communicate with the resident's family and responsible person.
6. Interact with facility staff appropriately in a supervisory role.
7. Demonstrate skills to build relationships with residents that are warm, positive, caring and supportive.
8. Relates professionally to staff from regulatory agencies.
9. Participates in the required twelve (12) hours of in-service education.
10. Assists in providing a quiet, therapeutic and homelike environment.
11. Monitors the work performance of the personal care aides to assure that residents receive assistance with ADLs in
order to be neat, clean and well groomed.
12. Participates in accurate shift-to-shift reporting.
1. Must be able to document CNA certification or completion of PCA 80 hour training.
2. Must be a certified Medication Technician.
3. Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in an Adult Care Home.
4. Must possess a working knowledge of resident care, particularly with the geriatric and adult special care needs
5. Must have knowledge and awareness of restorative/rehabilitative principles and techniques to help insure that
residents maintain the highest level of functioning.
6. Must be at least twenty one (21) years of age and hold a high school diploma, GED, or pass the alternative
established by the North Carolina Department of Human Resources.
7. Must have the required references and criminal record check.
8. Must have the required two-step Tuberculosis (TB) testing in accordance with HC Adult care Home Rules
Well lighted, air-conditioned/heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outside on occasion when required by resident care needs (i.e., resident walks or other outdoor activities).
Protective Equipment Used/Equipment Needed
Latex gloves, goggles, for standard precautions. Office equipment (copier, computer, fax machine, telephone), fire extinguisher, wheel chairs.