Registered Nurse – Pre-Op PACU
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Wake Forest Baptist Health Outpatient Surgery - Clemmons is a brand new, 12,500-square-foot outpatient surgery center that opened in 2018. The center is a partnership between Surgical Care Affiliates LLC and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. SCA, part of Optum, specializes in developing surgical facilities across the country. The center has three state-of-the-art operating rooms where gynecology, orthopedics, ENT, plastics, and general surgery are performed.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Position Purpose: The Pre-Op/PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge in the perioperative setting. The nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through the implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission of the surgery center.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, and ensures the implementation of the patient's critical pathway to achieve identified outcomes
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position, following and remaining in compliance with administrative medical and nursing policies and procedures
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up-to-date information in accordance with established standards
- Adheres to established surgery center safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth of profession
- Attends professional training seminars related to job development and education
- Participates in the Quality Improvement process and activities including the areas of Safety, Infection Control, Patient Education/Teaching, documentation, adherence to guidelines for cleaning/decontamination of the Operating Room, adherence to guidelines for sterilization of instruments and supplies, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, compliance with OSHA standards and risk management
- Maintains accurate records of controlled substances
- Receives and documents physician orders
- Knowledgeable about Medical Staff Privileges
Licenses or Certificates:
- Current licensure to practice in North Carolina
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
- Current PALS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience
- 5 years' experience as a registered nurse in OR, Preop/Pacu or ICU
- Orthopedic and/or Pediatric experience preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of day to day OR/Preop/Pacu operations
Please click HERE to apply
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs, #Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA, #SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter