Registered Nurse OR
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Wake Forest Baptist Health Outpatient Surgery - Clemmons is a brand new, 12,500-square-foot outpatient surgery center that opened in 2018. The center is a partnership between Surgical Care Affiliates LLC and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. SCA, part of Optum, specializes in developing surgical facilities across the country. The center has three state-of-the-art operating rooms where gynecology, orthopedics, ENT, plastics, and general surgery are performed.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Operating Room Nurse is responsible for providing therapeutic, effective patient/family centered care according to physician order, in compliance with the philosophy of the facility, standards of practice and regulation of governing policies.
- Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing basis
- Implements appropriate standards of care based on assessment data and patient's own goals.
- Coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner
- Adheres to all surgery center policies and procedures when providing patient care, including but not limited to cardiac arrest, malignant hyperthermia, and drug reactions
- Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing patient care
- Demonstrates ability to direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations
- Evaluates patient's progress toward outcome achievement on an ongoing basis
- Revises plan of care based on change in patient status and standards of care as directed by management
Licenses and Certificates:
- Current licensure to practice in North Carolina
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Will need PALS within 90 days of hire
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor or Masters Nursing degree
- Minimum of 2 years Operating Room experience preferred
- Pediatric and Orthopedic experience preferred but not required
Please click HERE to apply
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter