QMO Test Engineering Lead
Req Id: 2785
Job location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28277
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Brighthouse Financials' QMO Test Engineering Lead is a key role within the Technology organization, managing interrelationships of a broad portfolio of 3 rd party systems integrators and platforms ensuring successful deployment and ongoing support of complex designs and multi-faceted platform interoperations. The individual is accountable for the creation and successful implementation of testing strategies enabling business, technology and applications across Brighthouse, MetLife, and our many SaaS providers/Systems Integrators in both agile and waterfall methods. This role also will oversee and support test engineering strategies and implementation of TSA mandated programs working closely with our Test Execution Vendor (TEV), and third-party vendors. This position requires a strong process-oriented individual with SAP ERP systems and Finance, Accounting and Tax domain expertise. Test Engineering Lead will need to effectively and efficiently build relationships and partner with many team members and groups within Corporate Functions to enable testing and oversee an integrated strategy across many programs that are in flight. This position is accountable to ensure the quality of deployable components in production.
The Test Engineering Lead will work closely with internal Brighthouse IT Solution Owners and leaders to ensure the traceability of architecture, design, integration and testing ensuring scalable interoperability within all types of delivery frameworks (agile, iterative, waterfall). This position requires a deep understanding of key IT disciplines (architecture, BSA, data integration, Service Management, Vendor Management) and must have a keen ability to work within a matrix of technical leaders, business leaders and stakeholders.
- Manage Test Execution Vendor on test implementation of multiple programs in parallel, holding them accountable to delivery commitments.
- Manage key stakeholders including business partners during UAT
- Able to get into the details of an issue and perform issue analysis
- Manage change, understanding the potential impact to stakeholders and influence approach and timeline to minimize business disruption. Develop mitigation plans to resolve issues and risks. Ensure implementations achieve business and technology requirements.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Other responsibilities as required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 7 to 10+ years of experience in the insurance industry and a focus on technology, application and operational change management
- Very good understanding of Accounting, Treasury, Actuarial, Reinsurance etc. Preferably in a Life & Annuity business
- 7 to 10 years of experience in SAP S4 implementations to support Finance, Accounting and Tax functions preferred
- Business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgement. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of influencing and partnering with senior leaders across multiple business areas to accommodate business needs and translate to structured, practical, efficient and effective plans for capability deployment
- Deep understanding and prior experience of software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, defect tracking and reporting)
- Solid knowledge of tools such as HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA, CA Agile Central/Rally
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with system integration teams, IT Solution Owners, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or related field experience preferred
- Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, annual incentive plan, and employee stock purchase plan
- Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
Up to 10%
Number of Openings: