Pre Op-PACU -Charge Nurse
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Wake Forest Baptist Health Outpatient Surgery - Clemmons is a brand new, 12,500-square-foot outpatient surgery center that opened in 2018. The center is a partnership between Surgical Care Affiliates LLC and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. SCA, part of Optum, specializes in developing surgical facilities across the country. The center has three state-of-the-art operating rooms where gynecology, orthopedics, ENT, plastics, and general surgery are performed.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Position Purpose: Manages the daily operations of Preop/Pacu and coordinates the team to ensure a smooth operation of daily activities, to provide quality patient care, and an efficient working environment for physicians. Responsible for ensuring an adequate store of inventory for use in preop/pacu, control and reduce inventory expense, and coordinate with Materials Manager on supply orders.
Position Reports to: Director of Nursing and CEO.
Position Coordinates: Position works closely with DON to help coordinate the efficient and smooth flow of patient throughput which includes daily staffing, schedule workflow, and supply maintenance.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Ensures adequate technical and clinical team coverage to meet scheduled cases
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment available
- Efficiently solves problems that may arise in Preop/Pacu throughout the day
- Provides oversight for clinical log updating
- Assists the Administrator and Director of Nursing in meeting all regulatory compliance issues
- Coordinates and provides training/orientation for new teammates working in that area.
- Responsible for recognizing continuing education or in-service needs for current teammates within Preop/Pacu
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Attends and participates in team meetings and in-service programs
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and operating equipment on an annual basis
- Attends professional training seminars related to job development and education
Licenses or Certificates:
- Registered Nurse
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certification within 90 days of hire
Education, vocational training and experience
- 5 years' experience as a registered nurse in OR or Preop/Pacu.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of day to day OR/Preop/Pacu operations
Please click HERE to apply.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.