Landscape Crew Laborer
Work for the fastest growing landscape company in the country!
LOVING (www.thelovingcompanies.com) are a premier provider of landscape and hardscape services to the residential homebuilder industry. We pride ourselves on being innovative; always striving to create a better product and service for our customer. We know that our employees are the key to our success that is why we are constantly creating new and improved ways to develop our talent. Having a benefits package that is competitive within our industry is important to attracting and retaining the best talent; that is why we offer a fun yet challenging work environment, work-life balance, flexible work schedules, paid time off and health insurance to name a few.
The position of Landscape Crew Laborer is open within our landscaping operations division located in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, positive-thinking and motivated individual with high quality standards and an appropriate skill set. This role reports directly to the Foreman and will be responsible for providing assistance to the team by being responsible for hardscape maintenance and enhancement projects and other duties as assigned.
This position is expected to work shifts from Monday through Saturday beginning at 6am.
The compensation for this position is $13.50 per hour.
- Complete landscape maintenance duties, such as mowing, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, trimming, pruning and leaf removal
- Complete landscape enhancement projects such as mulch/pine needle installs, planting, seeding
- Complete hardscape projects such as the laying of stone, pavers, concrete, installation of outdoor fireplaces and kitchens, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment
- Safely operate a variety of mechanical equipment
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify any problems or defects
- If approved as a driver, safely operate vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations
The noted responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list as additional duties may be required as determined by the applicable department leader.
This company participates in E-Verify where applicable.
- Perform physical activity such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, crouching, and reaching
- Perform light to very heavy work exerting from 20 pounds of force to 100 pounds of force to move objects
- Subject to outdoor inclement weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, wind)
- Subject to periods of loud noise levels
- Subject to hazards including machinery such as mowers, tractors, bobcats, chain saws, electric clippers, etc.
- Subject to climbing
- Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation
- May be subject to use of a mask/respirator
- Subject to repetitive motions
- High School Graduate/GED Program Completion
- Working knowledge of standard landscape/hardscape practices.
- A minimum of six months related experience is preferred
- If approved as a driver, must have a valid NC driver's license. No CDL is required.
- Effectively communicates with co-workers and management
- Detail and safety oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Read and comprehend regulations and instructions