Data Cabling Technician
Description: MTS Services specializes in the design and installation of commercial structured cabling. We are currently looking for both experienced and entry level technicians to add to our staff in the Raleigh, NC area. This position will report to the NC Operations Manager and will work daily with a team led by the assigned Project Foreman. Willingness to learn, dependability and a strong work ethic are critical for success in this role.
MTS Services offers competitive above average wages and benefits.
A Technician will be responsible for:
• Category rated copper solution installation
• Fiber Optic structured cable distribution system installation
• Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards
• Terminating, assembling and installing 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors and
optical fiber connectors
• Accurately testing copper and fiber cables to required certification parameters utilizing
appropriate test equipment
• Diagnosing and correcting copper and optical fiber problems
• Reading blue prints to determine closet and equipment layouts
• Installing closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and
• Attending training and safety meetings, and working safely at all times utilizing the necessary
Personal Protection Equipment.
• May lead small install team (2-3)
. Requirements: • Directly related experience (cabling, construction trades), preferably in Telecom industry
• BICSI Installer/Technician certification highly desired
• Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed
• Reliable daily travel to work-sites
• Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety
• Must possess a valid drivers license and be insurable with our auto insurance carrier during
course of employment
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds as necessary
• Ability to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, and drive for extended periods.
• Comfortable with, and capable of, working in open construction environments.