Location: US-NC-Cherry Point
Job ID: 2020-2318
# of Openings: 1
SJS Executives is currently looking for an experience Construction Superintendent.
- Provide overall coordination of the construction quality management program for assigned projects
- Review and provide recommendations toward approval of contractor quality control plan.
- Attend selective quality control, preparatory and initial meetings, and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Povide relevant remarks on Government Quality Assurance (QA) reports (or in identified section of Contractor's Quality Control (QC) reports), particularly on critical, definable features of work included.
- Take/file/distribute progress photos.
- Validate quantity, condition, and approval of materials on site prior to Government issuing invoice payments.
- Coordinate support to review and witness successful testing and C commissioning/certification of critical systems (i.e., mechanical - HVAC/TABS/DALTS/DDC, electrical -Pad Mounted Transformers/High-Voltage Systems/Switchgear/Automatic Transfer Switches/Frequency Converters, fire and life safety/fire protection systems, roofing systems, and underwater structures).
- Assure quality workmanship in accordance with specifications and industry standards on concrete/masonry/stucco/building, envelope/structural steel/bolting/welding and other building materials/structural systems, as required.
- Attend/witness selected tests and review all applicable test reports and results.
- Keeps the Government sponsor advised as to the status of projects under his/her administrative and technical control,
- Plan and carry out the assignment
- Perform cursory review of Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and ensure via
the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) that these are discussed by the construction contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work in accordance with the three phases of QC.
- review and provide recommendations towards acceptance of Crane Critical
Lift Plans, along with crane operation qualifications and certificate of compliance. Incumbent must be familiar with crane safety requirements and NAVFAC P-307 (Management of Weight Handling equipment).
- Observe critical lifts.
- Ensure construction contractor is conducting monthly site safety self-evaluations and submitting the information with the pay vouchers/invoices; perform worksite safety assessments, as needed.
- Take appropriate, timely action to ensure construction contractor compliance of safety and health requirements, including leading safety stand-downs, as required, and recommending dismissal of key construction contractor staff from the project due to non-performance or recurring violations.
- Ensure reporting of contractor significant incidences/near misses with a focus that corrective actions have been taken.
- Perform cursory review/QA of Contractor's Significant Incidence Reports (CSIRs) and OSHA Form 300 (Contractor's Log of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses). Provide additional support (as needed) in mishap investigations where property damage is >$500,000, injury and/or occupation injury results in fatality or permanent partial/total disability, or three or more personnel are hospitalized for inpatient care as a result of a single mishap.
- Promote an atmosphere of partnering and cooperation and to quickly resolve problems and maintain construction schedule.
- Coordinating temporary utility and communication hook-ups for contractor, coordinating utility outages
and road closures.
- Coordinating lay-down area and storage areas, as required.
- Coordinating excavation, hot work, burn and other construction-related permits, as required, subject to
- Supports as a point of contact for Supported Command interface/coordination in the field.
- Valid Driver's License
- 10 Experience as a Foreman/Superintendent
- Pass a Background Check/Drug Screen
- Army Corps of Engineer Construction Quality Management Certification - Must need within 60 days of Start
- Must be able to pass background check/drug screen
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs. PI120362634