Client Success Manager – Housing Services
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, ConferenceDirect is one of the worlds leading event management and hospitality services firms. We help clients save time and money by securing the best hotel accommodations, meeting space, conference venues, and hospitality services available at the most favorable terms possible. We are passionate about achieving better results for our clients and living our core values:
Title : Client Success Manager, Housing
Department : Housing & Registration, Charlotte NC
Direct Report : Senior Client Success Manager, Housing
FLSA Classification : Exempt
Work Hours : Full-Time. 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel : Travel possible with onsite assignments, approximately 25%-50%.
Summary : The Client Success Manager, Housing is responsible for meeting contractual obligations, building strong client relationships and working to maintain and/or improve client satisfaction. Typical functions include, but are not limited to, analytical review of reporting, consultative support and ensuring event success in partnership with the Housing Operations Team.
- Ensure client launches related to Event & Group Housing services are defined, communicated and successfully implemented by identifying areas of critical need, providing solutions, giving feedback/updates as needed and monitoring time spent on accounts to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Utilize systems to manage and report contractual service levels for assigned services with regards to implementation timelines, 24-hour client response time, client invoicing within 30 days, client surveys and customer/finanical reporting within 30 days.
- Function as point-of-contact for escalations for Client and Associate issues. Proactively provide recommendations for corrective action to leadership as appropriate. Troubleshoot issues, thereby identifying and remedying trends.
- Provide strategic recommendations for process enhancement, increasing efficiencies, improving service and retaining customers with assigned accounts.
- Review and analyze hotel contracts to ensure that contractual and financial obligations are being achieved.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on hotel room block allocations.
- Plan, execute and manage overall Housing services using designated technology.
- Complete final event check prior to Housing Reservation Site launch.
- Participate in weekly client conference calls as required.
- Assist with onsite housing desk needs and logistics.
- Finalize the FAQ documentation per event and execute Contact Center training.
- Analyze and manage room block inventory.
- Complete room block audits.
- Provide client reports to include strategic analysis and suggestions on pickup, pace and forecasting attrition.
- Manage all concessions including accurately tracking and assigning earned complimentary rooms.
- Finalize contractual obligations completing close process and providing invoice within 30 days post-event.
- Deliver final report within 30 days of end of event.
- Promote additional services provided by ConferenceDirect such as Registration, Event Technology and Lead Retrieval.
- Utilize all office tools in the completion of assigned tasks (Passkey, Aventri, Asana, Email Center Pro, In Contact).
- Room Block Management
- Event Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
This position does not require direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in Hotel Management / Room Block / Group Housing
- Experience in one of the following housing platforms preferred: Passkey, Resiada, MeetingMax
- Previous experience and demonstrated success managing multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in-person, via email and over the phone
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain organized and clearly communicate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to break down complex projects and initiatives into attainable project tasks using critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work across organizations and lines of business
- Willingness to participate in departmental projects
- Ability to communicate in a remote working environment